The sustainability of our business depends on the quality of our products as we have placed extensive and substantiate emphasis on our stringent quality control at every station of our manufacturing processes. At the same time, we also have to innovate our manufacturing processes to keep in pace with the technological advancements.
Another important sustainability point is knowing, understanding and responding to customer’s needs. We view the relationships with our customers as one of our main priorities. We pay particular attention to our customers’s needs and continously improving our supply chain to effectively meet all their demands.
We understand that a good financial performance is vital for the success of the sustainability of the Group.
The Group will be principally involved in a more comprehensive range of plastic manufacturing services and this will enhance our competitiveness and offer opportunities for futher expansion as well as benefits aring from complementary synergies, ability to;
- Offer more expansive product offerings
- Streamline its supply chain and gain better bargaining power through bulk purchases
- Cross sell services to existing and new customers
- To share knowledge
We are committed to ensure that the highest standards of good corporate governance and ethical conduct is practised in the Group of Companies in the way we conduct our business matters. We have our Employee Handbook – Code of Conduct. Our Board of Directors have also adopted a Whistleblowing Policy emphasizing on carrying out its business in accordance to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethics.
The Policy is;
- To help develop a culture of accountability and integrity within the Group,
- To provide a safe and confidential avenue for all stakeholders to raise concerns about any
poor or unacceptable practise or misconduct,
- To reassure whistleblowers that they will be protected from detrimental action or unfair
treatment for disclosing concerns in good faith,
- To deter misconduct and promote standards of good corporate practices.
Product and Service Quality
We strive to deliver quality products and services to our customers. We have the following certifications and subject to stringent audits by the following boards;
1.ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems)
This ISO specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization;
- has the ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
- enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
2. ISO 13485:2016, Medical devices (Quality management systems)
This is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system where our organization has the ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
3. C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership against Terrorism)
We comply to supply chain security audits against all Customs-Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT global and regional requirements) ensuring:
- Outside Barriers and Physical Security
- Factory Internal Security
- Factory Employee Security
- Shipping Dock Security
- Key and Seal Controls
- Security Processes
- Container and Merchandise Movement
- Computer Systems Security and Controls
4. SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA)- 4 Pillars
SEDEX members have agreed the Best Practice Guide, a common methodology to improve audit standards and promote mutual acceptance of audit reports. SMETA also review performance against the right to work of migrant workers, management systems and implementation, sub-contracting and home working and environmental issues. SMETA 4-pillars was developed in order to meet the changing needs of consumer goods organisations and focuses on the four pillars of Labour Standards, Environmental Management, Health and Safety, and Business Integrity.
5. NSF International Certified
NSF International is an independent public health and safety organization whose influence and stringent standards in standardising food safety and sanitation protocols to promote public health.
NSF International is accredited as an independent, third-party certification company that tests and analyses products to make sure that they meet high safety standards.
Our Company is also committed to manage environmental impact as an integral part of our operations. Our company has established a Safety, Health & Environmental Committee (“SHE Committee”) which is tasked to take into consideration the environmental integrity of our operations and facilities at all times.
We are also complying to Environmental Quality Act and adhering to the following principles:
- A Scheduled Waste Competent subcontractor to handle all the scheduled wastes as per legal requirements.
- Changing to LED lights to reduce carbon emission and reduce electricity usage.
- Monitoring of discharge of industrial effluent to ensure below the Permissible Exposure Limit.
- Reuse, Reduce and Recycling and to minimise the amount of waste we produce and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Formation of “Why Not” challenge to all employees to suggest improvements on our daily operations for cost savings and award is given as encouragement.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance including but not limited to energy, water, paper etc.
We are committed to provide a safe and healthy working environment to all employees as our success relies on a motivated workforce and to provide the best we can to our employees.
Our Company has implemented many programmes and activities and we have been registered under Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) compliance. SMETA is a compilation of best practices in ethical audit. SMETA audits use the ETI Base Code and is founded on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) which is an internationally recognised code of labour practice. SMETA audits can be conducted against 2 or 4 auditing pillars but our Company is audited using the 4 pillars compliance. The two pillars mandatory for any SMETA audit are Labour Standards and Health & Safety. We have added 2 additional pillars to a 4-pillar audit to further deepen the social responsibility aspect of SMETA audits to include Environmental assessment (extended) and Business Ethics.
In short, SMETA is one of the largest collaborative platform in the world to help its members to take control of the information to do business in an increasingly transparent world. Our Company is subjected to be audited by an independent party on an annual basis. This gives assurance to our stakeholders that we respect Labour and Human Rights.
Employee’s Welfare and Workplace
SMETA audit was conducted which included the Labour Standards that is to comply to local laws, Employment Act 1955, Employee Provident Fund, Social Security and other legal requirements concerning human rights.
Our company offers competitive compensation & fringe benefits to our staff and our Discrimination Policy, Sexual Harassment Policy and Business Code of Conduct is established
for us to apply fair practice in our organization.
These are some of the benefits we provide;
- The working condition in our company is fully air-conditioned and production workers are seated.
- All employees are fully trained before being assigned to any new engagements.
- Subsequent trainings will be conducted for improvement to increase competency.
- Opportunity will be opened to undergraduates for internship training.
- All employees irrespective of permanent or temporary will be given opportunity to participate in any sports events organized by our internal Sports Committee. This is to foster a closer relationship and get-to-know each other among all department.
- All our employees are covered under the Social Security Act (SOCSO) and also additional insurance coverage under our company’s Group Hospitalization & Surgical and Group Personal Accident Plans.
Occupational Safety & Health
The safety and health of our employees is our company’s main priority. We continuously improve to provide a safe working environment to all employees and instilling awareness of a safe work culture.
The company complies with the Occupational Safety & Health Act, 1994 (“OSHA”) for workplace safety & health requirements and maintain occupational safety and health standards that equal or exceed the best practices.
Our company has established a Safety, Health & Environmental Committee (“SHE Committee”), consisting of Committee Chairman, management and employee representatives, whose responsibility includes identifying hazards and unsafe work practices, removing obstacles to prevent accidents, and helping evaluate the company’s effort to achieve an accident-and-injury-free workplace.
Our company are carrying out the followings:
- Identification of chemicals hazardous to health by conducting Chemical Health Risk Assessment (CHRA).
- Complying with permissible exposure limits.
- Taking action in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control (HIRARC).
- Labelling and relabelling chemicals hazardous to health.
- Providing information, instructions and training,
- Monitoring employee exposure and clean air at the place of work.
- Conducting health surveillance and audiometric test recommended in CHRA.
- Posting warning signage at chemical storage areas and work hazard areas.
- Provide mechanical and physical safeguards wherever they are necessary.
- Our 5S + Safety audit team will conduct routine cleanliness, safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions and control health hazards.
- Provide employees with necessary personal protective equipment and train them to use and care for it properly.
- Strive to prevent accident from happening and target zero-accident in our KPI.
- Investigate accidents to determine the cause and prevent similar accidents.
- Conducting Fire Drill twice a year.
- Carry out maintenance on all fire-fighting equipment as per schedule.
We also have in-house Emergency Response Team (ERT) who are ready to respond in emergency situations.
They are trained to provide the followings;
- Safe and efficient evacuation of all personnel
- First Aid
- Responding to Chemical Spills
- Fire-fighting trainings